Pages

Monday 13 October 2014

My worst mistake


My Worst Mistake
My worst mistake was about a year and a half ago. I was sent to the store to get some stuff that we needed for dinner. My mistake was telling a lie and taking advantage of my mum because she always sent me to the store instead of herself.

I was 11 years old and turning 12 in a couple of months. My mother always sent me to the store if we needed anything, and she still does. As always I did as I was told and I bought the stuff my mom asked me to buy. But this time what my mom told me to buy wasn’t the only thing I bought. I also bought me a chocolate bar. I knew that my mum knew how much change she was supposed to get back, so on my walk home I ate my chocolate bar thinking of something to tell my mum. When I handed my mum her change she looked at my confused. I lied to her that some of the food prices went up, she believed me.

It wasn’t long after that I was thinking about what I told her and how she believed me. I started to regret lying to my mum, so I told her. She didn’t seem angry but I knew that she was. I apologised and she forgave me, lying to my mum is something I never want to do again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.