Pages

Monday 14 July 2014

Holiday Reading - Food Glorious Food




The name of the book I read was Cook With Kids by Rob Kirby.
In this book I read a recipe on brownies.

In a bowl mix :

  • 2/3 of a cup of all purpose flour
  • A 1/4 of a teaspoon of baking soda
  • 1/2 a teaspoon of salt
Mix well then set the bowl aside and in a saucepan over medium heat :
  • 1/2 a cup of sugar
  • 2 tablespoons of butter
  • 2 tablespoons of water
Stir until the mixture comes to a boil, Move the saucepan away from the heat then stir in
  • 1 1/2 of chocolate chips
Stir until the chocolate chips are completely melted and the mixture is smooth then add :
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/2 a teaspoon of vanilla extract
Stir until well combined, then stir in the bowl of ingredients we made and put aside in the beginning. When well combined the mix is ready to be made.  



3 comments:

  1. Yum! Brownies are hard to get right, I like it when the middle is still soft and chewy. How did yours turn out? I bet your mum and brother loved you doing this activitiy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kahlista
    I really liked it how you did a cook book. This sounds like it would be fun to make. Maybe I could try this myself. Great Work, and I hope that your ones turned out very well and delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kahlista,
    I agree with bella, I really like how you did a cook book too. When I read it, I thought to myself, I need to learn out to cook brownies. One day I can use this recipe. I hope your one taste delicious and you can share some with nana.
    Keep it up Kahlista - Well done.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.